Thursday, April 28, 2011

COMING SOON TO A QUILT SHOP NEAR YOU

The latest issue of Quilt Sampler magazine will soon be in quilt shops and on newsstands. And readers are in for another treat with 10 new must-stop shops, plus an old favorite from a past issue. You'll find two of my articles in this issue.


While visiting the Twin Cities last fall, I was lucky to get to visit one of the shops I wrote about. An hours drive from the metro area, Gathering Friends Quilt Shop in Bird Island, Minnesota, is well worth the stop. Located in what was once the town bank, the 1902 building now holds treasure of a different sort—fabrics, quilt samples, patterns, and notions galore. It even has an adjoining gift shop with decorative accessories and silk florals. 


Those of you who enjoy working with modern-style fabrics will love Karen Gray Design, the other shop I wrote about it. This colorful haven in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, carries exclusively Westminster Fibers fabrics, so you'll find collections from the likes of Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Denyse Schmidt, and Joel Dewberry. Karen is passionate about empowering her customers through fresh fabrics, simple projects, and encouraging classes.


I hope you'll check out these inspiring shops as well as the other featured nine shops in the Spring 2011 issue of Quilt Sampler. Sorry this post is so brief but I'm trying to get lots done today so I can take tomorrow off to watch the the royal wedding! Better get back to work! Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek at the magazine. I always buy Quilt Sampler as soon as it comes out. I use it to plan my side trips when traveling. I love the blue walls and colorful shelves I see in the North Carolina shop. I must find a way to get there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun issue. Thanks for taking time from your busy day to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to get this issue! The quilt on the cover is the one from my home state and from the girls at Hearts to Holly Quilt Shop in Charlevoix, Michigan! I am so happy for them!! This is exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to go to a shop that you have "always wanted" to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always loved this magazine can't wait to get it!
    I dream of renting an rv and driving around the country to all these shops. Now wouldn't that be fun vacation?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Quilt Sampler magazine. I'll have to start watching at my local shop for the new issue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been anxicous awaiting for this magazine and haven't seen one at LNQ yet. It will be nice to make a plan to visit some shops featured!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!