Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ANOTHER OWL PINCUSHION

Work and creativity converged last week as I made one of my owl pincushions that I designed last fall for a work-related project. She has since flown the nest and arrived safely at her new home on the East Coast. I had such fun working on her that I was a bit sad to see her go. If you go to wholesale Quilt Market this May, you will see her in one of the vendor booths.


The owl was featured in a national quilting magazine last fall. While that issue is no longer available, I now have individual patterns of it for sale in my blog shop. If you are interested, just click this link. Kits for my robin's egg blue owl Allie (featured in October on my blog) are also available at this link. If you like this owl's green and pink color palette, let me know and I might be able to get the wool together to make a kit.

I haven't had as much time as I would like to create lately because my work projects take most of my time these days. After a long day of editing a quilt book yesterday, I took a little break to run to a quilt shop, Adel Quilting and Drygoods. Of course, there were goodies to be found and I brought back a yard of the French General Pom Pom de Paris fabric and this book on quilts of the Plains (from Kansas City Star Quilt books). They do such a great job with historical quilts (Of course, I might be a bit partial since I work for them!).


In other work news—I'm now scouting gardens for one of Better Homes and Gardens gardening magazines. So if you know of a cool garden (particularly in the central Iowa region because I could visit it myself), I'd love to see photos. Just email them to me at the email button on the right side of my blog. Have a great day, everyone! Unfortunately, I'm having some dental surgery done today, so I don't imagine it will be a great one here.

6 comments:

  1. I think KCS does an awesome job of publishing books. I always know I'll ge a winner when I purchase theirs.
    Good luck with the dental situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely owl and great looking book but sorry to hear about your visit to the dentist - hope it's a painless procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I hope the dentist is gentle, the shot will be the worst of it I am sure and before you know it you will be home to enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are recovering! I just love that owl - I need to put it on my to-do list, along with going to Adel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE YOUR OWL THE COLORS ARE SO SOFT AND APPEALING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I hope your feeling better, I just blogged about this book too!
    I love it!!!!
    that owl is just adorable!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!