Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL

For the past several months, I've been busy editing another quilt book and we'll soon be sending it to press. Those of you who love the whimsical work of Australian designer Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched are in for a treat. Published by Kansas City Star Quilts, the book should be arriving in quilt shops by early May. We are still in the process of reviewing the layouts, so nothing is final just yet, though!


Whether you love appliqué, patchwork, punchneedle, or hand stitchery, you'll find the perfect project in this 112-page book's diverse array of quilts, sewing accessories, bags, and home accents. Each of the 16 lighthearted designs reflects Anni's favorite things—relaxing at home, shopping, traveling, and of course, sewing! Her passion for hand stitching plays a fanciful role in most all of the projects.


Need help corralling all those pins, needles, and other sewing supplies we quilters accumulate? Check out Anni's sewing case, needle book, and pincushion designed to keep everything in its place. As soon as I can breathe between work projects, I am hoping to make a new sewing case for my cross stitch works-in-progress. 

It's hard to believe my editing work for this book is winding down but production is already underway on the next quilt book I'm editing for Kansas City Star Quilts. If you love reproduction 1800s quilts, stay tuned for more details about it in May.

9 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great book. I will look for it at market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I can't wait until this one comes out! I LOVE LOVE Annie's patterns, so this will be a real treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks a lovely book - I think it will be part of my ever increasing library of quilt books! Also love reproduction quilts, so eagerly awaiting the new book in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful, love the kind of book that offers more than just big ol' quilts. Sometimes we need little hand projects..Can't Wait!!
    Wendy in rain soaked Fl. (we need the rain)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great book! I will be looking forward to the new book with 1800's reproduction quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like another great book. I look forward to its release!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the subtle colors with a punch of red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do look forward to this new book.
    I enjoyed your input for the new Victoria Gardening magazine too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni does gorgeous work and I can't wait to get my hands on one of the books.........

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!