Monday, March 28, 2011

HAVENS OF THE HOME

The June issue of Kitchen and Bath Ideas magazine will soon be out on newsstands and it's packed with some great design ideas for the heart of our homes. This particular issue is devoted to small kitchens. I promise not to bore you with all the articles I write but I thought my piece in this issue might have some helpful lessons for those of you pondering a kitchen remodel. After all, most of us don't have mammoth-sized cooking zones! By the way, don't you love the color of the kitchen on the cover? The color green is second only to pink in my heart!


My article talks about how a neutral color palette, space-savvy planning, and architectural details help a small Florida kitchen live large. Located just off the living room, it's a cozy haven for the homeowner. The wall's shiplap board turned on the vertical is a nod to the home's coastal locale.


In that same issue, you'll also find my article on a serene Michigan master bath. The homeowners were inspired by the sleek, sophisticated baths in their favorite luxury hotels. Check out the issue to see how they transported those blissful retreats to their own everyday retreat.

3 comments:

  1. Great remodels! I have always loved a fresh, crisp white kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimber, you are so talented! I will have to pick this one up and see your articles. We did our small kitchen over 3 yrs ago and it is very similar - off white cabinets with soapstone countertops. We painted the walls a pale Martha Stewart blue/green LOL. But I loved the whole process of redoing it so much that I STILL like to look at remodeling mags and get more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very busy young lady! I was able to find Victoria's Garden's of Bliss and enjoyed your articles! I can hardly wait to get my hands in some soil and see some flowers blooming again. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!