Thursday, March 24, 2011

CREATURE COMFORTS

When I purchased this pint-size wingback chair at an antiques shop for my kitties, I had no idea how much they would love it. You can get an idea of its size in comparison with the fireplace in the background. It belonged to the owner of the antiques shop, who told us it was a salesman's sample. It is quite heavy for its small size.


I just had to share these sweet photos of our kitties enjoying their new chair. This is our cat Poe (named after Edgar Allen Poe). Believe it or not, this chubby little guy is on diet food yet he continues to gain weight.


Here is Poe's brother Teddy. They are not brothers by blood but they do bear a strong resemblance to each other. Teddy is the eldest at 14 years of age. 


As you can see, our dear catboys are quite spoiled. They bring such joy to our lives that we love to pamper them with these little surprises. And here's an interesting sidenote: the previous owner said her cats loved to sit in the chair, too. So I guess this is a chair meant for cats!

10 comments:

  1. This is so funny to see the cat in the wing back chair. Sure looks comfy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a luxury cat chair !!
    the bunch does enjoy visibly.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the cat wing chair. I am not going to tell my cats that such things exist because you know they would want one and they all would fight over it lol! Poe definitely looks comfy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift for the cats! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just laughing and laughing. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't keep my cats out of any of my doll furniture, either. I'm not sure if it's because they think it's meant for them, or because they know it's not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of Poe on the chair. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Invasion of the giant cats...eek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO cute! It looked like a regular people-sized chair at first, but seeing your sweet kitties on it makes me laugh! Cats love their own furniture. My 2 love to sit together on their cat-sized settee!

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is simply adorable!!!Poe is a beauty!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!