Saturday, March 12, 2011

ADDING TO THE FABRIC STASH

It's been another hectic week of deadlines, so there's been no time to get in the sewing room lately. But that hasn't stopped me from shopping for some fabric in the late night hours when I can take a break from the hubbub of daily life. My friend Belinda told me about the cutest new owl fabric the other day when we got together for her birthday lunch. As you regular blog readers know, I am a sucker for anything green, pink, and owl-related, so this fabric was just too adorable to resist. I immediately ordered some yardage online.


Here's a close-up shot of the owls with their inquisitive expressions. I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet. 


One of the online fabric shops I like to visit recently had a sale, so I purchased some of Kaye England's Pride and Purpose and Jo Morton's Variable Stars. It is always a happy day when I receive fabric packages like this in the mail. 


Speaking of sales, I recently noticed that Jo-Anns had the AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutter on sale for $199 and decided to buy one. I'd been looking for a good deal on it for a few months and this was the lowest I'd seen it go. I have heard good things about it from friends and am looking forward to putting mine to good use. If any of you who already own one of these have any tips or advice for me, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me. 


7 comments:

  1. I love the Go Cutter. I use it mostly for hexagons, and circles, and would love to get the tumbler and applecore dies...it's just such a timesaver for shapes that are time consuming to cut out any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a GO, which I love. That is a great price you paid!
    I have found that I can do a better job with a rotary cutter for squares, but it is great for curves and odd shapes. Have fun!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a Go, but the price sure is great. LOVE the mint green fab with the owls. You will love Kaye Englands fabrics they are so beautifully designed, and of course Jo Morton is also a favorite of mine. I'm in the process of completing a quilt using all of Kaye Englands Bread and Butter line, equally beautiful. Have fun with your Go.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric additions, especially those adorable owls. You will have to report on how you like your GO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! the fabric additions...those owls just speak to me! Enjoy your Go cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric choices...especially Jo Morton's. I saw the owl fabric the other day and it sure is cute!
    I have some Go dies and a few of the Studio dies. The applique ones are what I use most of.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog, My Old Historic House. I am your newest follower. I just did a new blog post stop by anytime. My sister is a big quilter.I will turn her on to you as well. Thanks again, RC

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!