Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE DELIGHTS

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I hope the day is treating you well. I awoke this morning to find a delightful array of goodies from my sweetheart, who had already left for work. They included this beautiful pink leather-bound book, a handmade sock monkey, and a lovely little pink miniature African violet! Are you detecting a theme here? My hubby knows I love all things pink and I'm so touched that he took the time to find these wonderful gifts for me.


I've loved Alice's Adventures in Wonderland since I was a kid. Make the cover pink and I love it even more!


I'm drawn to the charming illustrations within almost as much as that pink cover. It's a truly beautiful book.


Those of you who are regular readers of my blog know that I am addicted to African violets. Ever since I fell in love with violets, my husband always brings me those for Valentine's Day instead of cut flowers. The miniature varieties are especially hard to find in my area and the fact that my hubby found a VARIEGATED miniature violet made me positively giddy! It's only about 2 1/2" in diameter. Just look at that sweet little bloom. 


My husband also left the Valentine goodies (below) on the settee in our parlor. I think I'll wait to open those until tonight. It will give me something to look forward to! I certainly feel like a lucky girl today. What a sweetheart of a husband I have.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky girl he sounds a treasure.
    Hope their are some other lovely goodies in your other parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I could NEVER raise is African Violets...Congratulations to you, their just Lovely...
    Happiest of Valentines Day to you and such wonderful packages to open!!! (Great that you can wait until tonight)

    My Best
    ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines day!
    I love the violet, they are so pretty!
    Oh, I would say all the goodies are wonderful!
    Terea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! What is in the brightly wrapped packages?? You have willpower and a very romantic DH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one lucky girl-but you totally deserve it. I absolutely love the sock monkey in pink-I will be obsessed until I find one. Mary A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts! How come you aren't shaking/sniffing the wrapped presents - I would!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!