Friday, January 7, 2011

MY LATEST QUILT BOOK EDITING PROJECT

For the past several months, I've been busy at work on my latest quilt book editing project with Kansas City Star Quilts. We just wrapped up production and I can now share with you the result of our efforts. I see word of it has already been popping up in blogland the last couple weeks! The book's subject is close to my heart as someone who adores making small reproduction 1800s quilts. If you do, too, you will LOVE Simply Charming: Small Scrap Quilts of Yesteryear by Tara Lynn Darr.


To give you a quick summary of what you'll find inside this delightful book, I'll quote from the back cover text that I wrote:  Scraps. We all have those bits and pieces left over from other quilting projects. Put them to use in these little patchwork quilts reminiscent of bygone days. Using her overflowing scrap bag, quilt designer Tara Lynn Darr has created 20 classic projects inspired by patterns of the past. From simple nine-patch blocks to dazzling star designs, she shows you how to make the most of your leftovers. All the projects can be made with 5" charm squares or smaller—with the exception of the borders, binding, and backing.

Here's just one of the many fun projects in this inspiration-packed 112-page book. Don't you just love the colorful collage of all those little thimble-shaped patchwork pieces? I can't wait to put my own scrap basket to work making this little gem.


You won't have to wait long to get a copy. The book will be coming to a quilt shop near you in February. If you can't find it there, you can order it online at the Kansas City Star Quilts site here. If you click on the link within the text there, you can even see additional pages from the book!

Work has already begun on my second quilt book editing project of 2011. I'm working with a wonderfully imaginative quilt designer I know many of you are familiar with and love, but the book won't be coming out until May. So stay tuned for more details this spring. What a fun job I have!

9 comments:

  1. Oh be still my heart! Can't wait to see this one!

    I love the small quilt enthusiasm that seems to be sweeping through the quilting community right now. Gives me just the gumption I need to continue making my little quilts in the middle of the hotbed of full bed size quilt makers.

    You do indeed have a fun job, Kimber. I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a definite for the bookshelf as I have plenty of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a great job! I'll keep my eyes out for this one. I have a lot of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun book to edit!! It looks like a real winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great book !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must have been enjoyable for you and I can't wait to get mine. I follow Tara on her blog too and what a sweetheart.

    It is my goal of this year to make small quilts from my scraps.

    I can't wait to see what else is coming out in May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for the book! It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I do love making scrap quilts, so this will definitely be an addition to my bookshelf. I can't wait until it becomes available! I have plenty of scraps that are just screaming to be used. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!