Saturday, January 1, 2011

MY NEW PINCUSHION IN PRINT

As you might have already guessed from reading my blog, I love designing pincushions. I'm excited to share that my newest design will soon be available at a bookstore near you. Last spring, I was asked to design a special pincushion for American Patchwork & Quilting’s upcoming book, Bags, Pillows & Pincushions. To my surprise, my pincushion made the cover! It's the round pink houndstooth cushion with the blue bird and flowers.


The book will be released later this month but you can pre-order it at Amazon here. I love working with wool, so I couldn't resist using it for this project. It's hard to see it on the cover but the pincushion is wrapped in a pinked strip of wool that covers the seam—a quick and easy solution for hiding any sewing imperfections.


I also made the pincushion in a green, pink, and brown colorway for the book team. A pincushion dressed in either color palette would make a cheerful springtime gift for a fellow sewing friend. So if you're looking for some creative projects to start the new year off with, check out my pincushion and all the other 34 fun projects in this brand new book from the editors at American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. I will be offering kits for the pincushions later this month.


29 comments:

  1. I AM NOT SURPRISED your pin cushion made the cover!!! I love all your little pin cushions! Do darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a cover girl!!! Love the pincushion and it has cute buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you! You must me just tickled pink~ As always your project is just beautiful Kimber. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations I can see why, that pincushion is just beautiful. I love the pretty pastel colors. Looking forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you. The pincushions are Lovely! I will definitely be on the lookout for the new mag.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!!!! the pincushion is just so beautiful
    yes it deserved to be on the cover!!!!!

    will be waiting to get my copy of this magazine I love pincushions too!
    Happy New Year!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Congratulations on making the cover. The pin cushion is just lovely. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, but it is not a wonder it made the cover. It is just adorable! I will be looking to buy my copy of the magazine when it hits the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being published! I'll be on the lookout for this new book - I love that pincushion!==!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful pincushion! Congratulations on making the cover.
    I love the birds and the button flowers are really cute!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet pincushion and congrats for making the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Kimber! And perfect for the cover. Big congratulations!

    XOX Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Very cute. I do like birds in applique and wool is always so easy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it is wonderful! That pink houndstooth wool is wonderful too! I can't wait to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations are in order! You do such wonderful work and your choice of colors are perfect. What a great way to start your New Year!

    See you in the Mercantile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pincushion. Congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on being a cover girl!! The pin cushion is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it, Kimber, and what an honor to have made the cover! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LUV your pincushion. Sooooooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pincushions are adorable Kimber. I have loved going back over your old posts to see what you have been up to and a pink girl after my own heart.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That book is definitely going on my wish list! Your pincushions are so lovely -- something about your work is just so sophisticated and polished!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty pincushion!!! My pincushions are far from pretty, it is about time I made some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic. I am so happy for you. :-) You put that magical touch on everything you do. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Kimber
    What a pretty pincushion. Congrats on making the cover of the book.

    Lynn
    Country Thyme Stitchery

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kimber

    What a pretty pincushion.

    Congrats on making the cover of the book!!!!

    Lynn
    Country Thyme Stitchery

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!