Sunday, January 30, 2011

INSPIRATION ABLOOM IN VICTORIA MAGAZINE

Just a note to tell you about an article I wrote for the new issue of Victoria magazine. The March/April 2011 issue (below) should be hitting newsstands any day now.


My article is about decorating with botanical prints. The lovely thing about these elegant accents is that they evoke the spirit of the garden year-round—even when it's buried under a blanket of snow like it is here in Iowa! Here is a sneak peek of the intro spread. Click on the photo for more detail. I hope you will check out this beautiful issue.


And for more garden inspiration, look for Victoria's special magazine called Gardens of Bliss coming to newsstands in March. I had the good fortune to write several articles for this publication and will share more about them in March. This special publication is NOT part of the regular Victoria subscription. See the information below for details on how to order a copy or watch for it on newsstands.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait. Victoria is one of my favorite magazines. I have been reading it for at least 9 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Dawn said! I can remember the very first issue of Victoria and when they stopped printing it I was heart broken. What an honor to have an article printed and especially about flowers. I just finished packing about 3 years of magazines to take with us, I cannot part with them. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love botanical prints and will look for a copy of Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun! I subscribe to Victoria, so I'll be looking forward to your article. I will also try to find the gardening issue when it comes out. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a winner, can't wait to pick up my copy. I love botanical prints and have a wonderful stash of rose print fabrics. Red tulips are wonderful too. There are two things in this world that I do NOT like, plastic flowers is one of them.....LOL
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this just makes me pine for Spring even more. Signs of wildflowers are popping up in the desert, but what I really look forward is returning to my garden in CO. Congratulations on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the articles, I am going to order copy of the magazine, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over the weekend I came across some old botanical prints I have saved but haven't done anything with yet, so I will look forward to seeing what you have to say in Victoria! I think Gardens of Bliss is a great idea for one of their special issues -- hope I can count on more Toshi Otsuki photos (the old Victoria photog; I LOVED his work!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my congratulations of the articles. I can not wait to tell my hubby's grandmother about your article. Her and my hubby's grandfather are home bound.

    Once a week we take our cute frail grandfather shopping. He always checks to see if there is a new issue of Victoria because it is Nana's favorite. She is so excited when one comes out and pours over them over and over again. She will love to learn I follow a blog of someone who wrote a article:)

    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have here this magazine but it looks great !!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!