Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

I'll be taking a brief blog break for the holidays but before I sign off, I wanted to wish you all the merriest of Christmases. This is a vintage postcard from my collection. I wrapped the last of my gifts this morning, so I can rest easy there, but I still have some work projects to complete before the holiday. My husband and I will be heading to southeastern Iowa to spend Christmas with my parents. We won't get to see Grandma as she is out of town visiting family in Houston until next week.


Over the holiday break, I hope to catch up on some reading. This imaginary sequel to the novels of Jane Austen has been sitting on my bedside table since this past summer!


I'm also hoping to catch up on some sewing projects that desperately need my attention. Today I just received a wonderful package filled with a new line of 1800s reproduction fabric called Little Pink Stars (see my photo below). If you're a regular reader of my blog, you've probably guessed that I like pink—but not just any pink; it has to be a particular shade of pink, and this line has it. I'm hoping it will inspire a project—or two. 

I'll be back next week with news of my newest pincushion design, soon to be published in a book!

13 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too.

    Since I am orginally from the east side of Iowa, where will you be heading too?

    Your fabrics are pretty. Don't you love those types of packages?

    Safe travels to and yours and see you in the Mercantile.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. Enjoy your blog break. I have everything done except for the baking which I am doing the next two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas break!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope your enjoy your break. I'm looking forward to seeing your pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Thanks for the inspirational blog!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas from the UK! Beautiful fabric...... Jacky and Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those fabrics, too! Blue Hill is fast becoming my favorite. I'm hoping to get Cat in the Manor next. Hope you have a wonderful sewing break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Kimber! I was thrilled to stumble upon your website. I was fascinated by your posts of quilt shops and antique fairs. Then when I viewed your profile I realized who you are and that we have met at the recent quilting group at the library. Your dolls are fabulous. You have such talent and wonderful artistic flair. Can't wait to read more of your blog. We still need to sit and stitch on my porch as soon as the weather allows or maybe we should move inside and stitch by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, oh I had to order that fabric line too!
    aren't the pinks wonderful???
    enjoy your break... let us know how you like that book I just may have to read it too if you liked it :)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that shade of pink - a dull pink. your dolls are gorgeous! all the best for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you and your family Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!