Monday, November 1, 2010

GIRLS' DAY IN

After a hectic week of deadlines, I was ready for a little rest and relaxation by last Friday. Luckily, I had a Girls' Day In planned with two of my dear friends, Belinda and Merry. We gathered at my house for a fun day of crafting and chatting.

During the morning, I organized an informal creative "workshop" where I showed the gals how to make my bird pincushions (the ones on little wooden spools that I designed for a quilt magazine last year). They got to pick their wool colors ahead of time and I had all the supplies ready for them when they got here. By the end of the morning, they had their very own little pincushions to take home with them. They both did a fantastic job and stitched them up in no time. Belinda's is the one on the left and Merry's is on the right. I made the little blue guy in the background.


Belinda and Merry are the sweetest friends. Whenever I see them, they always seem to be bearing goodie bags. And Merry even brought a scrumptious homemade cake! She also gave me the goodies below. I loved the little dressform pincushion with the adorable little apron she made for me. She also included a jar of homemade apple butter. She makes the most divine jams and jellies in gourmet flavors such as lemon thyme moscato wine and chamomile tea. Yum! 


Merry also stitched this cute pumpkin hand towel for me. It's embellished with brown rick-rack at the bottom and looks right at home in my kitchen!


Belinda is the talented cross stitch designer behind Blue Ribbon Designs. I have accumulated many of her patterns over the past several years. This one is called "Frolic in the Foliage" and features nine charming autumn-themed scenes. I especially love the ones with the two-story yellow house and the owls in the trees. Perhaps that's because I live in such a house and I love owls!


Belinda surprised me with this bag of treats. She brought the cute little bird and berry and the acorn back from Mystic, Connecticut, where she was recently invited to teach classes at a stitchers retreat. And who can resist a bag of sweets? I know I can't!


Thanks to Belinda and Merry, I came away from the day rejuvenated and ready to dig into my next article. Thank you so much for a wonderful day, my dear friends.

Last week was indeed filled with wonderful things. I also received this exquisite wool pincushion made by my blogging friend Cheryl in the mail. She hosted a pincushion giveaway in September and I was the lucky recipient! I was so thrilled to see it in person. I just love all the little touches that make it extra special. Thank you, Cheryl!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect day and what lovely gifts your friends brought with them. There is nothing better than visiting and sewing with friends! I am glad you like your pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog today was a joy to read, just beautiful and fun items. Its nice to know such creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and so enjoyed your lovely post!! How wonderful to be able to have a "girls day" with special friends who love the same things!!
    Thanks for sharing your fun day with us!!

    Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's the sort of friends and days I love.
    Adorable pincushions and gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to spend the day.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the wool birds!!
    Your friends are very generous! What fun gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those birds! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!