Friday, September 10, 2010

PINCUSHION EXCHANGE PROJECT

The Jo Morton Stitcher group I belong to is holding a pincushion exchange this month. The goal was to make a pincushion and somehow incorporate Jo's fabrics into the creation or send a few fat quarters of them along with the pincushion.

I decided to make a couple of my own published designs—a miniature strawberry pincushion and an appliquéd needlecase made with Jo's Crimson and Clover fabrics. I've been making these strawberry pincushions for quilt shops for several years now and had fun making this one up in brown wool and one of the pink fabrics from Jo's Complements line. I picked that particular fabric because the pattern sort of resembles strawberry seeds!


The inside of the needlecase holds a handy little pair of embroidery scissors for those projects-on-the-go. I'll be making another little needlecase in the same fabrics for my TDIPT offering next week. If you're interested, just click on my TDIPT button in the left sidebar for more details.



5 comments:

  1. Kimber - your work is just beautiful~ Such a lucky exchange partner you have. . . . Amy R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I love your work. Where are the patterns published. These would make great gifts to quilting friends at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work really like those items. Wish I was your exchange partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finishes! Who is the lucky recieveer? I've seen other participants' work and they all look very nice... Your exchange will be a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strawberry pincushion is just the cutest. And the needlecase book is divine. l too am in that exchange. l wonder if its coming to Australia?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!