Thursday, August 19, 2010

A SURPRISE GIFT

A pleasant surprise arrived in the mail today. It was from Karen Witt and Erin Witt, the authors of the quilt book I profiled a couple days ago on my blog (See the August 17 post for more details on their book). I was their editor on the project. As a token of their appreciation for my help, they sent me this lovely spool holder! I put it to use right away with some vintage spools of thread and will keep it handy on the table next to my sofa in my parlor as I sew while watching television. Thank you so much, Karen and Erin!

9 comments:

  1. What an appropriate and thoughtful gift. Lucky you! And the threads look so charming with the fabrics of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful! I know you will use this gift for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments. Cheryl, I didn't even think about the threads matching the quilt. I just grabbed some that were handy and snapped a photo. The quilt in the background was a family heirloom from my mom, so it has special meaning. It's displayed in my dining room, which is green with pink accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! What a wonderfull gift, and usefull. It seems to me as a nice book! I like your blog, I will definitely come back to your blog.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hubertine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pincushion you made for Sheri...and your blog is delightful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is just as delightful as you are! I love your dolls, I didn't know you sculpted the bodies and painted their sweet faces. So talented! Thanks for sharing...and I love your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious gift. No doubt you will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful and thoughtful of them to send you such a treasure. Your blog is beautiful and I believe in divine intervention as my goal is to make/finish a quilt by Christmas. I've only made one but visiting your blog will definitely inspire to complete this dream of mine. Gorgeous blog! Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!