Monday, August 23, 2010

PINCUSHION PERK-UP

Recently, I learned that one of the quilt book authors (Sheri Howard) I work with as an editor with Kansas City Star Quilts had the misfortune of spraining BOTH of her ankles! I wanted to do something to cheer her up as she recuperated, so I decided to send her one of my handmade wool hat pincushions in her favorite color combo--pink and aqua.


Sheri and I have worked on two book projects so far. With a flair for whimsical appliqué designs, she loves to create quilts in cheerful color palettes. Sheri published her first book, Ruby Red Dots, with Kansas City Star Quilts last year. To learn more about it, go to this page.


On the heels of that successful book, her second book came out this spring. Not Your Grandmother’s Quilt: An Appliqué Twist on Traditional Pieced Blocks combines classic pieced block designs with a cheerful palette of appliqué flowers and finery. You can read more about it here.


Shortly after we wrapped up production on the book, I was surprised to receive this gift from Sheri in the mail—a box of cookies decorated with the design of my favorite block in the book! 




I’m so lucky to get to work with some of the nicest authors around. What a thoughtful gift it was!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimber, the cookies look yummy and I love that block as well. I am sure your pincushion will pick her up! Speaking of the little darlings, a fall themed wool pincushion just posted on Jo's yahoo group. All of a sudden I am a pincushion freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there lovely Heirloom lady,

    This is such a delightful blog!~ I am so happy to have found you!.., I'll look forward to visiting and enjoying all of your wonderful quilting projects and works of art!

    What a darling pincushion!

    ..,I have just become a follower and I am delighted to have discovered your beautiful blog! ~ I want to warmly invite you to also visit my blog and perhaps consider following me as well!..,

    I have perused your beautiful blog just a little;( who could help themselves); it's just so pretty!.., I notice that among other lovelies, you are a quilter par excellance!

    I want to most warmly invite you to partake next week, as well as to visit this week's teaparties!

    ~ Would you perhaps consider taking some photos of a favorite teacup and/or teapot with some flowers, a perky pin cushion or two, ribbons or lace and displaying them with your beautiful quilts and then join in the tea party fun from time to time? ~ Really just anything that tickles your creative fancy that can also correlate to tea!..,I think it would be so stunningly inviting and pretty!..,

    *~You will find my 45th,'Tuesday Tea For Two', weekly, Tuesday blog party meme @
    http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    ..,Also I have so enjoyed sharing the oh-so-fun and fabulously 'tea-lightful' afternoon tea experience with my dear friend; (of 24 years;

    .., she is also a Canadian gal, as am I).., We do not get to see one another very often as she lives in the province of Ontario and I in Atlantic Canada.

    ~ Together we have had alot of fun and we have so enjoyed our shared meme/weekly blog party: Our 17th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' @
    http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com

    and also @ my other blog:
    @ http:silkenpurse.blogspot.com

    I would love to have you pop by for a visit!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
    @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com
    and also
    @ http:silkenpurse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the handmade wool hat pincushion! I can't believe she sent you cookies made from your favorite quilt block! Now that's creative :0

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!