Saturday, August 28, 2010

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

I’ve missed blogging this past week. My computer had to go to the Apple Store for repairs even though it's less than a year old. It's home now and hopefully the problem has been fixed as I feel lost without my computer! In the meantime, I spent most of my spare time this week completing a pincushion order for a quilt shop. Made of 100 percent hand-dyed wool, these feathered friends are perched atop vintage spools. They have flown the nest and should arrive in their new home in Arizona soon.

The birds were featured in a quilt magazine last year. If you are interested in ordering a finished one or a published pattern, please contact me at the email button below my profile on the right-hand side of my blog.


6 comments:

  1. these little birds on a spool are just darling.
    I rec'd one similiar (made in black wool to be a crow) last fall from a friend. Must have seen the magazine. I just love my little friend, and I know the homes these little birds fly to will love them as well.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fanciful flock is delightful! A shop in AZ? Hum, wonder if they will roost anywhere near me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen such a pincushion and would like to try and make one. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds are absolutely WONDERFUL - I just love them! I may need to add one to my collection....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimber, I really want one of these cute birds for a sit-about in my house. They are so cute-you always do a fantastic job. Mary Avaux

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Kimber.....how clever and cute. You have such a nice touch on all of your projects.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!